Position reports to: Executive Chef
Exemption Status: non-exempt position
The pastry cook is responsible for following written instructions with precise measurements to create a very specialized product (cake & sponge).
- Responsible for measurement & mixture of ingredients according to recipe.
- Decoration of mousse cakes, glazing, sponges, preparing and decorating cakes and tarts.
- Assistance in planning and execution of the dessert menu and cakes.
- Testing and tasting of recipes together with Executive Chef.
- Development of new and maintaining of existing cake designs and recipes.
- Use exact measurements and pay strict attention to timing.
- Setting time cycles for products.
- Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
- Draft a list of products and ingredients needed for ordering.
- Keeping the kitchen organized, clean and a sanitary station.
- Artistically creating and decorating cakes, showpieces or centerpieces.
- Experimentation with new flavors in assistance with Executive Chef.
- Know all safety buttons and shut offs within your work area.
- Update inventory.
- Wrap, label, and date all items.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.