Position reports to: General Manager & Assistant General Manager
Exemption Status: This is an Exempt position
The Floor Manager will be in command of the overall operation of Sant Ambroeus especially in the absence of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager. This position requires an established restaurant professional with the ability to lead, uphold guest satisfaction and maintain the integrity of the business on full time basis based on hours of operation of the restaurant.
- Inspect the counters and displays and making sure they have the appropriate and consistent products displayed.
- Audit Product(s) ensuring they are fresh, correctly priced and wrapping is not damaged
- Audit counter area to pass health department standards.
- Responsible for full training of Counter Sales Associates to follow all company standards including but not limited to products and items, best of class service standards, health and safety standards and provide development plan(s) to improve as necessary.
- Communicate any counter, product or operational related concerns and recommend opportunities for remedy to General Manager and Executive Chef.
- Facilitate coaching, counseling opportunities and disciplinary discussions to employees.
- Interview, assess and select employees for employment.
- Direct daily work activities of all scheduled staff including but not limited to floor plans, section assignment, side work, etc.
- Monitor, manage and report and discrepancies with registers between shifts.
- Responsible for overall grooming Counter service staff.
- Communicate all guest related issues or requests to the appropriate service staff and culinary team and guide them towards succession.
- Support counter staff with any tasks, resolve operational and employee issues and communicate and/or consult resolution with General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager.
- Personalize service by leading by example (e.g. using guest’s name, building relationships with guests to achieve loyalty and build regular clientele, checking on satisfaction by being involved and speaking with every single guest dining with Sant Ambroeus, etc.).
- Represent all products and present them to our customers explaining the brand and flavors using skilled sales techniques.
- Monitor and make sure quality of food and beverages is at its highest.
- Monitor, modify (as necessary) and ensure accuracy of counter menus and POS postings.
- Audit Payroll throughout the week for accurate submission by the GM to the Support office Payroll department by Monday deadline.
- Respond to all company emails in professional manner within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt and not on the floor during the service especially in the view of guests.
- Monitor Avero reports regarding the daily performance of the restaurant.
- Follow up on all needed repairs immediately by informing General Manager and Assistant General Manager and communicating detailed outcome in Avero.
- Attend all necessary meetings scheduled by General Manager, Director of Operations and/or Ownership.
- Maintain Cash registers and verify opening and closing count.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory & ordering for the Retail counter.