Position reports to: General Manager
Exemption Status: Non-exempt Position
The counter attendant/barista is responsible for handling the counter, greeting guests, and providing guests with requested items.
- Greet the guests who approach the counter displays and walk into the café.
- Answer all guest questions related to product and displayed items.
- Pack and provide the guests with requested items.
- Ensure that all items are correctly rung-in on checks.
- Maintain correct pars of items in the display, carefully following the FIFO rules and discarding promptly expired or under standard items.
- Maintain appearance of counter and the display in an on-going manner throughout the hours of operation.
- Follow and complete closing counter check list prior to departure.
- Perform the cash drawer checkout after each shift (ask management for assistance if needed).
- Accurately maintain the organization and cleanliness of the counter in accordance with the Health Department standards.
- Requisition all needed food items and keep the counter always stocked and restock it in the end of the shift (for example cookie tins, olive oil bottles, etc.).
- Prepare all packing products needed for wrapping of items and food products.
- Communicate any problems (lighting, cooling units, etc.) to management immediately. Mark food items with dates at the end of your shift.
- Clean the counter at the end of the shift (a “soft” maintenance cleaning must be done routinely as well).
- The ability to work as part of a team, personal cleanliness, and uniform cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.