Position reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Exemption Status: This is an exempt position.
SA Hospitality Group is seeking a Controller to join our Finance and Accounting team to develop and execute accounting policies and procedures while scaling accounting systems and tools for growth. The Controller should be detail-oriented yet efficient and have a deep understanding of GAAP. They must also work closely with the CFO to build and manage a highly talented accounting team. This is an exempt position.
- Direct and assist in the preparation and delivery of monthly, quarterly, and year-end consolidated financial statements and notes, with the key goals of driving close time down while maintaining the highest degree of accuracy and integrity.
- Coordinate the external audit of the consolidated financial statements and notes.
- Lead financial operations including Payroll, Account Payables, Account Receivable, cost and inventory accounting, and equity administration.
- Establish, implement, and monitor accounting policies, practices and systems, and internal control environment.
- Ensure sales tax and other taxes filed on a timely basis.
- Implement effective processes to forecast, track, and manage all cash receipts and disbursements.
- Provide comprehensive and timely reporting and analysis to management and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other company operating groups to drive continuous improvement in internal control processes adhering to gold standard SOX, IPO readiness, and other statutory compliance programs.
- Continually identify issues in both process and accounting for transactions and propose solutions (in conjunction with auditors).
- Ensure that all accounting, treasury, and tax transactions and provisions are processed efficiently and recorded effectively in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage a team of five as well as outsourced bookkeepers.
- Lead effort to design, build, and implement accounting systems, tools, and processes at scale and develop efficiency and scalability across functional areas.
- 10+ years of finance or accounting leadership, including public and/or private accounting experience, ideally within a hospitality and/or multi-unit environment.
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with inventory and cost accounting necessary.
- Experience scaling the accounting function at a high-growth, fast-paced business.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge plus working knowledge of tax.
- Knowledge of international accounting and consolidations (e.g., Europe) preferred.
- Proven ability to implement and maintain internal control over financial reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Restaurant365 (ERP).
- Experience with tax filing platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driven, entrepreneurial leader who is comfortable bringing process and organization
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Effective team leader capable of working cross-functionally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with our core values, including commitment to quality, authenticity, execution, relationships, trust, and loyalty
It is understood that as Controller you are responsible to become well versed in functions and expectations of all positions within the company structure. You will be required to continually maintain the highest standards of service in each location and stay on top of current industry trends. Your progress will be evaluated on ongoing basis. Likewise, the company will assist in any way possible with any educational goals that relate to your duties (with prior management approval). I have read, fully understand, and agree to full responsibility for the duties laid out in the job description.
SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.