Assistant General Manager
Position reports to: General Manager
Exemption Status: This is an exempt position.
This person will be in command of overall operations of Casa Lever restaurant in the absence of General Manager. This position requires an established restaurant professional with the ability to lead, uphold guest satisfaction and maintain the integrity of the business.
- Responsible for departmental logistics efficiency – monitor what works and what doesn’t and be flexible to adjust to achieve expected outcome with the approval of GM.
- Continually assist in creating new offerings for dining room guests based on demand and guest’s comments and feedback and/or current trends (suggestions for new menu options, brunch offerings, cocktails, etc.).
- Responsible for all new hire and existing staff training and materials generation to include menu dish descriptions, service manual updates, following up on on-going trainings, etc.
Dining Room Service
- Assist dining room staff during service and oversee the service and flow of entire restaurant by being present on the floor during all meal periods.
- Communicate all guest related issues or requests to the appropriate service staff and culinary team and guide them towards succession.
- Support dining room staff with any other tasks and resolve brought up issues.
- Personally liaise with all private dining contract contacts during PDR events.
- Personalize service by leading by example - using guest’s name, building relationships with loyal guests, checking on satisfaction by being involved and touching every single table.
- Direct daily work activities of all scheduled staff including management.
- Continually review performance of all staff - address shortcomings and recognize success.
- Serve as a role model and mentor by setting a positive example in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Cultivate and nurture a management team who will uphold the service and hospitality standards.
- Work closely with the rest of the management to establish a group hospitality minded employees who will develop and maintain our philosophy and values.
- Understand, follow and direct others in current safety procedures.
- Monitor and make sure quality of food and beverages is at its highest.
- Maintain control over inventories – beverage, china/glassware/silverware.
- Responsible for overall grooming of service staff.
- Follow an organizational structure that ensures maximized productivity and communication: overview of daily floor plan and section division, assign manager duties, follow up on side work completion, etc.
- Maintain the safety and security of all employees, guests, and company assets.
- Maximize financial performance and profit – keep the food & beverage costs down.
- Suggest promotions and bring revenue increase ideas, train staff on up selling, build guest
- loyalty by touching every single table, monitor schedules and actual hours worked, etc.
- Enforce federal, state and local laws including health & labor.
- Ensure accuracy of menus, wine list, beer and house cocktail lists and POS postings.
- Keep all departmental literature up to date including, but not limited to:
Forms: New Hire, Termination, etc.
Most current Menu Descriptions.
- In the absence of General Manager - personally respond to all guest requests and/or complaints in timely manner.
- Find a way to actively respond to all company/operation emails whenever possible and always in professional manner (not on the floor in the view of the guests and not during the service).
- Participate and monitor Avero reports regarding the daily performance of the restaurant.
- Attend all necessary meetings scheduled by General Manager, Director of Operations, or ownership.
It is understood that as Assistant General Manager you are responsible to maintain current knowledge of the world of restaurants when it comes to food, wine, beer, and spirits. You will be required to continually develop this knowledge on your own time and stay on top of current industry trends. Your progress in education will be evaluated on ongoing basis. Likewise, the company will assist in any way possible with any educational goals that relate to your duties as Assistant General Manager (with prior management approval).
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills.
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
SA Hospitality Group will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.